I am a Senior Product Designer with 10+ years of experience across a range of roles within design and marketing. I am known for bringing a strong analytical, data-informed and business-focused approach to solving problems.
Over the last few years, I specialised in building and growing high performing teams in both development and marketing for WooCommerce - one of the most-used eCommerce platforms in the world (~40% of all online stores).
Senior Product Designer at Automattic
Apr 2019 – Present
- Currently lead design for our merchants Online Store Design Experience.
Head of Marketing for WooCommerce
Feb 2018 – Apr 2019
- Led a globally distributed team, managing all marketing efforts for WooCommerce (one of the most-used eCommerce platforms in the world) across both platform adoption and extension sales.
- Was a member of the WooCommerce leadership team, reporting to the SVP of WooCommerce
Product Lead of WooCommerce.com
Jan 2016 – Jan 2018
- As Product Lead for WooCommerce.com I split my time between leading a globally distributed product development team - overseeing and project managing the ongoing maintenance and new feature work on WooCommerce.com - and working as the sole designer on WooCommerce.com driving revenue growth through various self-driven initiatives and a/b testing.
- Was a member of the WooCommerce leadership team, reporting to the SVP of WooCommerce and the Marketing Lead for WooCommerce
Product & Marketing Designer for WooThemes
Feb 2015 - Dec 2015
- When I joined, WooThemes had grown from being a business that sold WordPress themes and a few plugins to quickly becoming better known for their flagship plugin - WooCommerce which they had launched in 2011. I was responsible for repositioning WooCommerce from being presented and marketed as a plugin to an eCommerce platform.
Founder/Owner of StudioMurray
Oct 2010 - Jan 2015
- Started my own design agency in 2010 and worked across a broad range of design disciplines - clients included: Daimler AG (Stuttgart), Mercedes-Benz South Africa, WooThemes
Creative Director at SMG Africa
Nov 2006 - Sept 2010
- Was hired to join SMG Africa (a satellite office of Boomtown) as the first designer to help build the design studio as they expanded into East London.
- Helped grow the company from 4 to 34 people and served as the Creative Director of a design team I grew from 1 to 8 designers (across brand, interior and web).